The lemony glaze perfectly sets off the warm flavours of nutmeg and cloves in this moist banana teabread!!! (Recipe source: children's party cakes and cookies by Martha Day)
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs,at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp freshly greated nutmeg
1/4 tsp mixed (apple pie) spice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup sour cream
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the glaze
1 cup icing suger
1-2 table spoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180degree C. Line a 23 x 13cm/ 9 x 5in loaf tin (pan) with baking parchment and grease the papaer.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, salt baking soda, nutmeg, mixed spices and cloves. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine well.
- Add the sour cream, banana and vanilla extract, and mix to just blend. Pour this mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake until the top springs back when touched lightly, about 45-50 minutes. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out on to a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the icing sugar and lomon juice until smooth, then stir until smooth. Place the cooled loaf on a rack set over a baking sheet. Pour the glaze over the loaf and allow to set.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox