Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized. ~ Andre Simon, "Commonsense of Wine"
Orange -2 nos
Lime -2 nos
Raisins -300 gms (chopped)
Whole wheat - 1/2 kg
Water -5 liter
Yeast - 1 tbsp
- Clean & chop the carrots and boil with 5 liters of water.
- Transfer this to a bharani or a big glass bottle and add lime & orange juice & peel. (Cut the orange & lime in half, and extract the juice, using a citrus fruit juicer. Remove the orange peel and scrape off any white pith from the inside. Chop up the peel and mix it with the carrot mixture).
- Then add sugar. When the mixture becomes cool, add raisins, whole wheat and yeast.
- Tie the bottle with a clean cloth and keep aside the mixture for 3 weeks.
- Stir this mixture everyday for 5 minutes.
- After 3 weeks strain the mixture to a clean bottle and keep this mixture again for 3 more weeks untouched.
- After that slowly strain the upper part to small bottles and use.
- The peach colour of this wine will change to a richer whisky colour with aging!
- All the utensils & bottle should be clean & dry. If there is water the wine will become sour.
- Don't fill the bottle to the brink. Always leave 1/4 bottle empty.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox