October Sweet Punch was hosted by Divya and she selected Molten Lava Cake this time. This highly rich chocolate cake is easy to prepare but we need to be careful on baking time. If you cook one or more minutes longer than required, you won’t get the gooey centre. I halved the recipe and got only 3 ramekins small Molten Lava Cake for three of us to enjoy this Oooey, gooey chocolaty goodness. Since I used dark cooking chocolate, cake colour is on the darker side and less sugary.
Molten Lava Cake
(Recipe source - showmethecurry.com)
Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate – 4 oz (113g)
Butter – 4 oz (113g)
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/3 cup (75 g)
All-purpose Flour – 1/4 cup (40g)
Butter – for greasing ramekins
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat Eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in butter. Mix until the butter melts fully.
- Add chocolate/butter mixture into the eggs, add all-purpose flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture about 3/4 way full.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C) for 10 – 15 minutes. Shorter for gooey (molten) inside, longer for stiff inside. (I baked for 10 minutes).
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or Whipped cream.
P.S - Some people find it gross to have cakes with uncooked centers and feel the lava is nothing but uncooked batter. If you feel so, just place a chocolate chunk in between--pour half the batter into the ramekin and place a chocolate chunk,and pour the remaining batter and cook for a longer time than mentioned.You could also place cold ganache in between,choices are numerous!!
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox