I tried these cookies from Pam’s For the Love of Cooking blog, and they turned out to be one of the most delicious Peanut Butter cookies I have tried so far! Main attraction of these cookies is the chocolate kisses on top that kids simply love! Try these easy to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies
(Adapted frm For the Love of Cooking Originally from Table Talk - Star Tribune)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar, plus more for coating
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Using a mixer on medium high, beat together butter and peanut butter together until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture until just incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. If you are in a hurry you can place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.
- Roll the dough into small balls then coat in white sugar.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly flatten the cookies down with a spatula.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven then place a chocolate kiss into the center of the cookie.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 1 minute.
- Remove from the oven and cool on racks.
I am sending these cookies to:
- Ria for Monthly Mingle- Chocolate Extravaganza, originally started by Meeta
- Asan Khana's Christmas event ~ Jingle
- Champa's Bake off event.
One day of Fame :)
On another note, it was like a dream come true when Foodbuzz community selected my previous post Yogurt Mascarpone & Strawberry Verrine as one of the Top 9 on Dec 15th. The Foodbuzz Top 9 is a photo-driven collection of top-buzzed posts within the Foodbuzz community. And my photo was selected one of the best out of 734 posts! One simple dessert that I whipped up with some left over mascarpone cheese and yogurt not only loved by all three of us but a lot of others too…. A big thank you to Foodbuzz and also all those who visited my blog and took time to leave a comment… I am over whelmed :)
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox