Snowballs / Meringue Cookies
(Recipe from 180 Every Day Cakes & Bakes)
Makes about 20
2 egg whites
115g/4 oz/1/2 cup caster sugar
15 ml/ 1 tbsp corn flour (cornstarch), sifted
5 ml/ 1 tsp white wine vinegar
1.5 ml/ ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl, using an electric whisk, until very stiff.
- Add caster sugar, a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the meringue is very stiff and glossy. Whisk in the corn flour, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Using a teaspoon, mound the mixture into snowballs on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets, and then remove the snowballs from the paper with a metal spatula.
These meringues contain the magic ingredients that gave them a chewy centre than being crisp throughout. You can mix the cornflour, white wine vinegar and vanilla extract together in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the mixture before finally folding it in if you like.
I am sending these goodies to:
1- Asan Khana's Christmas event ~ Jingle
2- Champa's Bake off event.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox