Kappalanga/Omakka (RawPapaya) -1 cup, chopped
Ginger-1 tbsp, chopped
Garlic-1 tbsp, chopped
Kashmeri Red Chilly Powder / Piriyan mulagu podi -1 ¼ tbsp
Fenugreek powder / Ulluva podi-1 tbsp
Asafoetida powder/ Kayapodi -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-a spring
Gingelly Oil / Sesame Oil / Nallenna-1/4 cup
- Peel skin and remove seeds inside the papaya and chop it finely.
- Grind the ginger and garlic coarsely.
- Heat oil; splutter mustard seeds and fry ginger and garlic.
- Lower the fire and add all the powdered things and curry leaves and sauté.
- Then add chopped papaya and stir well.
- Add vinegar and salt to taste and simmer in low heat till thick.
- Allow it to cool and then bottle.
- Press the papaya down so that oil may come to the top.
All the utensils & bottle should be clean & dry. Never add water to pickle while making. Always use clean and dry spoon to take pickle from bottle
Sending this over to Kerala Kitchen an event Magpie is hosting, featuring dishes inspired by Kerala :)...
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox