Kappalanga /Omakka Thoran (Stir Fried Raw Papaya with Coconut)
Kappalanga/Omakka (RawPapaya) -1 cup, chopped fine
Grated coconut- 1/4cup
Chumannulli (Shallots) -5nos ( or Onion -1 small)
Green chilles-1 or 2 nos
Garlic - 1clove
Jeerakom (Cumin Seeds)-1/4tsp
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/4tsp
Curry Leaves- a spring
Oil - 1tsp
- Peel skin and remove seeds inside the papaya.
- Clean it well and finely chop/ grate it. (I used my food processer to chop the papaya).
- Grind coarsely, coconut, onion, green chilies, garlic, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add coarsely ground coconut mixture and curry leaves and sauté for one minute.
- Add chopped papaya. Mix well, cover and cook on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Open lid and stir well until all the water in it evaporates.
- Serve hot as a side dish with boiled rice.
Sending this over to Kerala Kitchen an event Magpie is hosting, featuring dishes inspired by Kerala :)...
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox