Another Mushroom curry which is a lighter and healthier version of my previous post; tastes really good with Indian flat breads or variety rice which can be included in your everyday meal…. I tried this from my childhood friend’s blog which is apparently one of the most tried out dishes from her collection of delicious recipes… so here is another vegetarian recipe for you to try during lent.....
Khumb Masala / Mushroom Masala
(Recipe Source Bharathy’s Spicy Chilly)
A 200 gms pack of button mushrooms
2 Green chillies- slit lengthwise
1 tbsp oil
Fresh coriander leaves-to garnish
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
¼ tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt- to taste
To sauté and grind to a paste
3 medium, sliced thin or minced-big onions
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1-2 tomatoes- cut into 8 pcs each
- Slice onions and mushrooms separately.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil and sauté onions until golden brown in colour.
- Add garlic paste and cut tomatoes. Sauté well till the raw smell disappears and the tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Cool and grind this into a smooth paste adding vary little water if needed.Keep aside.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil mentioned formerly. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir-fry till tender. Add green chilles, chilly powder, turmeric, pepper powder, garam masala and salt in that order.
- Add the ground paste and mix well adding a little water. Simmer till mushrooms are cooked and the gravy reaches the right consistency.
- Serve hot garnished with minced coriander leaves and fresh cream if you prefer.Mushroom masala goes best with any variety of Indian roti or Pulao.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox