I have tried these healthy cookies from Deeba’s blog several times. I changed the recipe a little bit to make it healthier by reducing the amount of butter, omitting and replacing to raisins…. Try these Whole Wheat chocolate chip Cookies either by adding chocolate chip like in the original recipe or by replacing it with raisins or any other fruits like I did… either way it is delicious J… Here is how I made these healthy cookies….
Whole Wheat and Oat Raisin Cookies
(Adapted slightly from Deeba’s Passionate about Baking)
Makes 2 – 2 ½ dozen cookies
⅓ cup Butter / margarine, room temperature
¾ cup Demerarera sugar
2 Egg Whites
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup + 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
1 ½ cups Oats
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Baking Powder
pinch of Salt
½ cup Raisins / currents (or can use dark chocolate chips like in the original recipe)
½ cup Almonds / Walnuts, finely chopped
1 tsp Orange Zest (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the dry ingredients - flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, raisins / chocolate chips, almonds /walnuts and orange zest.
- In another big bowl, cream the butter and sugar till fluffy. Next beat in the egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Drop a tbsp of cookie dough onto greased cookie trays, leaving an inch and a half in between for spreading during baking. Flatten gently with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool on trays for 1 minute, then remove to cooling racks and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight box.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox