Had this Minced Mango Pickle at my sister in law’s place on my last vacation and I really loved this slightly sweet and tangy mango pickle. Wrote down the recipe from her. Since its mango time now and I got some really nice raw mangoes I made it recently. It is really good with rice, Kanji (rice gruel), chapathi or stuffed parathas with yogurt. A perfect companion when you are out of some curries or you are on Lent …
Manga Achaar / Minced Mango Pickle (Sweet)
Raw Mangoes-500gms, minced
Vinegar-1-1 ½ cups
Green chillies-2-3 chopped
Ginger-1 tsp, chopped
Curry leaves- few
Chilly Powder-3 tbsp for 1 cup minced mangoes
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Asafoetida/ Kayam - ¼ tsp
Fenugreek / Ulluva-1/4 tsp
Ginger- A large piece
Garlic-2 ½ pods
Gingelly Oil / Sesame Oil / Nallenna-1/4 cup
- Mince the mangoes, add sufficient salt and keep for 24 hours before making the pickle.
- Grind all the items mentioned for grinding using vinegar.
- Heat oil in a pan sauté the green chillies, ginger and garlic with curry leaves.
- Add the ground masala and sauté well.
- Add about 1 cup vinegar, sugar and salt (if needed) and boil.
- Next add the minced mangoes and boil for 3-4 minutes. Cool and store in clean dry bottles.
- If vinegar is too much add some more sugar.
Sending this over to Kerala Kitchen hosted by Ria this month, featuring dishes inspired by Kerala :)...
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox