Hope you all had a great Easter! Here we also had a great time…. I made this White chocolate mousse with passion fruit from Technicolor Kitchen as our Easter dessert. You must be well aware of my love affair with passion fruit by now J I was thinking of making this for quite some time and on Easter day I made this and it was really delicious and quick recipe to make… The only difference I did was I made puree of passion fruit pulp, strained it and made it into a thick sauce because my hubby and son did not want passion fruit seeds in their dessert! I have shared this with my neighbor and they also really loved it!
White Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit
(Adapted from Technicolor Kitchen )
250g good quality white chocolate chopped
1/3 cup (80ml) whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon (375ml) heavy cream ( I used 1 envelope Dream Whip powder)
6 tablespoons passion fruit pulp or *passion fruit sauce
- Place the white chocolate, milk and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large, dry, clean stainless steel bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold through the chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Divide the mousse between six 1 cup (240ml) capacity serving dishes/bowls.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours, or until set.
- Spoon passion fruit on top of the mousse just before serving.
- Serves 6
Passion Fruit Sauce
- In a food processor or blender, puree the passion fruit pulp with little water for 10 seconds. Transfer to a fine sieve set over a bowl; strain through sieve, pressing with back of spoon to remove seeds. Add sugar to taste and a teaspoon of cornstarch and bring to boil, until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened. Cool and serve with White Chocolate Mousse.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox