Here is a simple & easy to make chicken curry recipe to all who had requested me to post easy chicken recipes :)...This curry is sans a lot of spices as compared to the usual Indian curries and goes very well with all kinds of Indian flat breads. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. This is my son’s current favorite curry for chapati and I hope you will also like this simple curry.
Chicken Tomato Curry Recipe / Chicken in Tomato Gravy
Preparation Time -15 mints
Cooking Time -30mints
Serves – 3
Chicken – 500 gms, washed and cut into pieces (I used boneless skinless chicken)
Onion -2 medium, finely chopped
Ginger paste – 1tbsp
Garlic paste – 1tbsp
Tomato -2 big, blend in a mixer with little water and strain
Red chilly powder – ½ to 1 tbsp (Adjust to suit your spice level)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
All purpose flour / maida – 2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp (or more)
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt and all purpose flour for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a non stick pan and stir fry chicken pieces until light golden colour; drain and keep aside. (Since I try to reduce usage of oil I usually stir fry chicken in less oil. If you wish you can deep fry the marinated chicken pieces).
- Into the remaining oil in the same pan add half of the chopped onion and fry until golden and keep along with fried chicken.
- Add ginger and garlic paste in the pan and sauté well. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder and sauté well.
- Add fried chicken, fried onion, left over chopped onion, tomato pulp and sugar; mix well and cook until the chicken pieces are cooked thoroughly and the gravy thickens.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Indian flat breads.
- You can completely omit the addition of butter in the final stage.
- I sometimes add ½ tsp cinnamon powder just before turning off the heat and it enhances the flavor of the curry.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox