5 cloves of garlic, crushed
5 of dry red chillies
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds
1/2 tsp of split urad dal or uzhunnu parippu
1 strand of curry leaves, torn into pieces
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- Peel the tapioca and wash it thoroughly. Cut into rough cubes by driving the knife in and splitting it off the centre of the tapioca.
- Cook the tapioca in a pan with enough water to cover it by an inch, until the pieces are soft (about 10-15 mins).
- Crush or coarsely grind the garlic and red chillies together in a mixy or pestle and mortar.
- Heat oil and add the mustard seeds. When they pop, add the garlic-chilli paste along with the turmeric powder and fry for 10 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cooked tapioca, salt, and the curry leaves. Mix well and continue to stir until the spices coat the tapioca.
- Serve hot with a glass of tea or coffee as a snack or as a side dish for choru.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox