Since it is the Lent Season vegetarian recipes are much in demand.... deciding the daily menu without any non-veg dish is challenging for a Christian family :D.... Since Paneer is loved by almost all I thought of sharing this Saucy Paneer recipe with you today.... with just a couple of sauces you can make this curry very quickly and it goes well with fried rice, noodles or even with chapathi..... If you don’t have 8 to 8 sauce at home you can easily omit it or substitute with sweet and sour sauce like I do when I run out.... Instead of paneer you can also use Tofu for a vegan version..... Check out the other Paneer recipes I posted earlier too.....
Saucy Paneer Recipe
(Adapted from Nita Mehta’s “Paneer All the Way” )
Preparation time – 10 min
Cooking time ~10 mints
250 gms paneer- cut into 1” cubes
1 large capsicum - cut into 1” pieces (I used green, red and yellow capsicum)
1 large onion- cut into 1” pieces
1 large tomato – remove pulp and cut into 1” pieces
6-7 flakes garlic- chopped finely
2 green chillies – chopped finely
2-3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp 8 to 8 sauce
A dash of tabasco sauce
1 tbsp chilly garlic sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Pepper powder- ½ tsp or to taste
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add capsicum and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paneer. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove pulp of tomato pieces and add to the paneer. Saute for few seconds.
- Remove all vegetables and paneer from pan and keep aside.
- Heat rest of the oil in a clean pan. Add crushed garlic and green chillies.
- Add all sauces. Cook on slow fire for few seconds.
- Add cooked vegetables and paneer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat. Sprinkling water in between, if required, till the sauces coat the paneer and vegetables.
- Serve with fried rice, noodles or chapathi.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox