Many of my readers have requested the recipe for Apple wine. Since Christmas is around the corner I hope you can try this at home. I thought combining few oranges along with Apples will enhance the taste of the wine and I was not wrong. This wine can be a little stubborn to clear, due to the high levels of pectin in apples, so you may require extra time and patience to get a clearer end result. I made this wine a year ago, hence it is crystal clear in the picture but please don’t expect that as soon as you make the wine. Please read my earlier post on Tipsfor wine making that will help you a lot if you are novice in the field of wine making.
Apple & Orange Wine
Apples - 1 kg
Oranges - ½ kg
Sugar - 750 gms
Yeast - ½ tsp
Water - 3 litres
- Wash, core and chop apples into small pieces including the peel. (You can chop the apples in a food processor).
- Wash the oranges, with a citrus peeler or vegetable peeler thinly peel the orange zest without the white part. Extract juice from the oranges and keep aside.
- Boil sugar and water in a big vessel. Once the mixture boils, turn off the heat. Add chopped apples, orange juice and orange zest to the hot water-sugar mixture.
- When the mixture becomes lukewarm, add yeast and transfer the mixture to a sterilized glass bottle / bharani, cover it and leave for 21 days stirring daily.
- After 21 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/muslin cloth in to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep this again for 21 days untouched. After 21 days strain the wine again, pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox