8 drumsticks (chicken legs) / 3 breasts of chicken cut into 2" pieces
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
3/4 cup thick curd- hand for 15 minutes
1/2 thick cream
2 tbsp almonds- blanched (soaked in hot water and peeled) and ground to a paste
2 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsps ginger-garlic paste
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander
BASTING ( POURING ON THE TANGRI)
3 tbsp melted butter mixed with 1 tsp white pepper and 2 tsp kasoori methi
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Make 2 incisions (not too deep cuts) on each drumstick.
- Marinate the pieces with the first marinade- salt, red chilli and lemon juice for 1/2 hour.
Mix curd, cream, almond paste, kasoori methi, corn flour, ginger- garlic paste, salt and coriander in a bowl.
- Pickup the chicken pieces discarding the lemon juice. Marinate the chicken pieces in the curd mixture for 2-3 hours or even more, but refrigerate while being marinated. You may marinate the chicken overnight too.
- Heat an electric oven at 180C or a gas tandoor on gas at moderate flame for 10 minutes. Grill the marinated chicken pieces on a greased wire grill.
- Melt some butter and mix some white pepper and kasoori methi in it. Turn the chicken once in between and baste (pour) with this melted butter to flavour the chicken. Grill till tender for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with some chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Serve with Poodina chutney.
This Recipe is taken from Nitha Mehta's Tandoori Cooking in the Oven
I am sending this Badaami Tangri to Lets go nuts-Almonds event hosted by JZ of Tasty Treats.