Friday 25 December 2020
May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love
Grape Wine with Yeast
(Recipe Source ~ my sister-in-law)
Black grapes with or without seeds - 2kg
Sugar 1 ¾ kg + ¼ kg for caramelizing (total 2kg)
Wheat - ¼ kg (wash & sundry the wheat)
Yeast - 1 tbsp
White of one egg
Water - 4 ½ litres
- Boil water and cool it till lukewarm.
- Wash, drain and pat dry the grapes. Brust the grapes slightly with hand or with a potato masher or with back of a spoon.
- Dissolve yeast in a little lukewarm water.
- Beat the egg whites well.
- Mix well all the ingredients along with 1 ¾ kg sugar and keep it in an earthen jar (Bharani) or in a glass jar, cover it and leave for 21 days stirring daily.
- On 22nd day, strain the mixture through a cheese / muslin cloth.
- Add ¼ kg sugar caramelised and keep it in jar for another 21 days.
- Strain on 22nd day and use.
To Caramelize Sugar~ Heat ¼ kg sugar in a pan stirring continuously. When it becomes light golden brown add 1 cup hot water and boil. Cool and then mix it with the wine.