I have been a little busy last week stitching a dress for my little one’s fancy dress competition and he won a consolation prize for that yesterday :)... Now to today’s recipe, I found it on Jessica’s wonderful blog How Sweet It is and that weekend itself I made these burgers… it is really easy to make and you can even make the patties a day or two ahead and keep refrigerated until you are ready to make burgers… do try this delicious homemade BBQ chicken burgers...
BBQ Chicken Burgers(Makes 4 burgers)
1 pound (450gm) ground chicken breast
1/4 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (I used Kashmiri chilly powder)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (I used 1 medium onion finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
4 whole wheat buns / white buns
1 onion, sliced
1 small capsicum, sliced (optional)
1 small Tomato, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
BBQ sauce for topping
gouda cheese for topping (I used cheddar cheese slices)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, BBQ sauce, paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Mix until just combined. Then form 4 or 6 patties.
- Preheat the grill or a skillet and cook the burgers until fully cooked through. I used a skillet and cooked mine about 8 minutes per side – they were juicy and not dried out, but cooked thoroughly.
- While burgers are cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add sliced onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Sauté capsicum in little oil.
- When burgers are ready, top with Gouda (or more cheddar), onions, sauted capsicum, BBQ sauce, tomato and fresh romaine.