I have been a little busy last week stitching a dress for my little one’s fancy dress competition and he won a consolation prize for that yesterday :)... Now to today’s recipe, I found it on Jessica’s wonderful blog How Sweet It is and that weekend itself I made these burgers… it is really easy to make and you can even make the patties a day or two ahead and keep refrigerated until you are ready to make burgers… do try this delicious homemade BBQ chicken burgers...
BBQ Chicken Burgers(Makes 4 burgers)
1 pound (450gm) ground chicken breast
1/4 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (I used Kashmiri chilly powder)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (I used 1 medium onion finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
4 whole wheat buns / white buns
1 onion, sliced
1 small capsicum, sliced (optional)
1 small Tomato, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
BBQ sauce for topping
gouda cheese for topping (I used cheddar cheese slices)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, BBQ sauce, paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Mix until just combined. Then form 4 or 6 patties.
- Preheat the grill or a skillet and cook the burgers until fully cooked through. I used a skillet and cooked mine about 8 minutes per side – they were juicy and not dried out, but cooked thoroughly.
- While burgers are cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add sliced onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Sauté capsicum in little oil.
- When burgers are ready, top with Gouda (or more cheddar), onions, sauted capsicum, BBQ sauce, tomato and fresh romaine.
- Toast the buns if you wish!
I'm a sucker for anything with a touch of BBQ sauce in it! This looks really good! We haven't started grilling here as yet since the weather is so unpredictable hour to hour.ReplyDelete
Congrats to our lil boy!
Congrats to ur lil one..ReplyDelete
The burger looks yumm..
Congrats to Aryan for win, burger looks super addictive,delicious,makes me hungry..ReplyDelete
Very nice sounding chicken burgers, just what I was looking for for the bbq this long weekend, thanks!ReplyDelete