How are the Christmas preparations coming along? I hope at least some of you have tried some wine this year. If you are on the lookout for recipes for baking Christmas Cakes & Cookies you can search my older posts. Today’s recipe for Pineapple Wine is one of the most requested recipes by my readers. The best part of this wine is that you can use every part of the pineapple to make the wine, the skin, the centre core and the flesh, there is no wastage at all. I must warn you that Pineapple wine is considered to be one of the strongest wines, so please be careful while consuming :D :D
Pineapple - 2 kg (around 2 big pineapples)
Sugar -2 kg
Water - 4 ½ litres
Yeast - 1 tsp
Orange juice from 3 Oranges
- Wash the pineapple, cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple and chop them into small pieces including the skin and the centre core.
- Add sugar and water to the pineapple pieces and give it a nice boil for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture is lukewarm add yeast and the orange juice from 3 oranges.
- Mix everything well and transfer the mixture to a sterilized glass bottle / bharani, cover it and leave for 21 days stirring daily.
- After 21 days, strain the mixture through a cheese / muslin cloth in to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep this again for 21 days untouched. After 21 days strain the wine again, pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Check out Tips for Making Homemade Kerala Wines