Hello everyone, How are the
Christmas preparations coming along? I hope at least some of you have tried
some wine this
year. If you are on the lookout for recipes for baking Christmas Cakes & Cookies you
can search my older posts.... Since
Christmas is around the corner, I thought of posting a new wine recipe that I tried recently.... Hope you guys include some of my recipes
in our Christmas and New Year Menu…Do let me know if you guys try anything from
my blog…..Wishing you all a happy & healthy holiday season with your loved
Plum – 1kg
Sugar- 1.25 kg (you can add only 1kg if you like dry wine)
Lime juice of 1 lime
Yeast- ½ tsp
Water- 4 liters
- Wash plums well, Wipe water from each plum very well and chop roughly and keep aside
- Boil the water and sugar keep aside to cool down slightly.
- In a big bharani / bottle add chopped plums and hot sugar water and lime juice, stir well.
- When the mixture becomes lukewarm, sprinkle yeast on top and mix well after 5 minutes.
- When the mixture cools down completely, tie the bottle with a clean cloth or close with lid little loose.
- Stir this mixture every day for 5 minutes.
- After 20 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/ muslin cloth in to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep this again for 7 days untouched. After 7 days strain the wine again, pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Check out Tips for Making Homemade KeralaWines
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!