Are you looking for a nutritious, easy to make tasty and filling breakfast or brunch on a lazy weekend? Then try these Spanish Tortillas :)..... Spanish Tortilla is a thick omelet made with eggs and potatoes. I have this small book named “Pancakes Made Easy” which has a collection of 15 different pancake recipes..... I have tried all the recipes from this book and all of them taste really good...... I make pancakes from this book once in a while on weekends which we all love along with a glass of fruit smoothie......
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
2 medium onions
1 large peeled boiled potato
2 medium tomatoes
½ small capsicum
30 gm (1 oz) butter or margarine
2 tsp cold water
¼ tsp salt
White pepper to taste
Green salad for serving
- Peel and slice onions. Separate slices into rings. Cut potatoes into small cubes. Cover tomatoes with boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge into cold water and peel away skins. Cut tomatoes in half, remove any pieces of hard core and chop, discarding seeds. Remove inner white membranes and seeds from capsicum and finely chop flesh.
- Melt butter or margarine in 10” non-stick frying pan. Add onion rings and potatoes and sauté over moderate heat until light golden. Add tomatoes and capsicum and stir-fry for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Beat eggs and water until frothy and season with salt and pepper. Pour into pan over vegetables.
- Cook pancakes gently until base is firm, golden and crispy. Flip pancake with a plate and fry second side of pancake for about 2 minutes or until golden brown underneath. (Alternatively, preheat grill. Holding pan by its handle, stand pan under hot grill for about 2 minutes to set top).
- Slide out pancakes on to warm plate, cut into 2 portions and serve warm with salad.