Many years ago I posted a Vanilla Tres Leches Cake recipe which was loved by many of my readers. Recently, I tried a mango flavoured version with an eggless sponge. It was a huge hit in our home. This time I assembled the cake in individual serving glasses and by now you all know how I love preparing desserts as individual servings. Assembling in individual glasses is more tedious and time consuming, but you can easily assemble this in the same dish which you used to bake the cake for a more effortless job. Do try this and let me know how you liked it.
Mango Tres Leches / Mango Three Milk Cake
Eggless Sponge Cake:
All-purpose flour - 1⅔ cup (180gm)
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Baking Powder – ¾ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Butter Milk - 1 cup
Vegetable oil - ¼ cup
Sugar - ⅔ cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease one 9” round or square pan or two 5” round pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla extract well. Add the apple cider vinegar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk again. Leave to stand for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Now sift over the plain flour and whisk in to mix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared baking dishes,
- Tap the dishes gently on the counter, then bake for 25-30 minutes until light golden brown and the tester comes out clean.
- Remove to rack, demould after 10-15 minutes, then cool completely.
- Once the cake has completely cooled cut out rounds to fit your serving glasses / bowl.
- Poke holes all over the cake using a fork to better absorb the Mango Tres Leches syrup.
For Mango Tres Leches Syrup
1 cup thick mango puree or 2 ripe mangoes
½ can (200 gm) sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup evaporated milk
¾ cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- Puree mango pieces in a blender without adding any water. Then add condensed milk, evaporated milk and whipping cream and blend again. Mango Tres Leches syrup is ready.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the syrup to add to the topping mix. Then divide the milk mixture and pour over each cake.
- Leave for a couple of hours to soak the milk.
1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
¼ cup of reserved mango Tres Leches syrup
Diced mangoes, fresh cherries and mint leaves to decorate
- Whip the cream, when soft peaks form add the sugar and the reserved ¼ cup of the mango Tres Leches syrup little by little, continue whipping until stiff peaks form about 2 mints.
- Layer the whipped cream mix over the soaked cake, Garnish with diced mango pieces, cherries and mint leaves. Best to rest the cake in the fridge overnight to complete the soaking process and serve.
What can use instead of evaporated milk.ReplyDelete
To substitute evaporated milk - Boil regular milk in medium heat and cook until the liquid reduces to 60%. cool down the milk and use.Delete
Another method is you can use powdered milk mixed with water.