May this festive season sparkle and shine, may all of your wishes and dreams come true, and may you feel this happiness all year round. Merry Christmas!
It is like just yesterday we celebrated Christmas and in just a blink of an eye it’s another Christmas! Hope you all have finalised your Christmas menu and are all set to celebrate with your loved ones… If you are still confused with the menu you can go through my Christmas special here or I have created an album on my Facebook page that you can check out...
Strawberry and White Chocolate Mousse Cake is a very easy to make recipe. I made this first time for my husband’s birthday earlier this year. That time I set it in a cake tin and I also did mirror glazing on top of it. It was an awesome birthday cake for people who prefer something different from the usual.... I am a huge fan of making desserts in individual glasses, so the second time I prepared this, I served it in individual glasses like in the picture. I really loved the way it turned out! Do try this recipe, I am sure you will love this no bake eggless decadent dessert!
Strawberry and White Chocolate Mousse Cake
(Recipe from here)
For the Biscuit Layer:
Crushed Arrowroot / Digestives biscuits - 250gm
Butter - 100gm
For the White chocolate layer:
White Chocolate - 200gm
Cream - 150 ml
Gelatine Powder – 2 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
For the Strawberry Mousse layer:
Strawberries - 300gm
Sugar - ¼ Cup / 50gm
Gelatine Powder - 2 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and process until smooth. Melt the butter and pour over the crushed biscuits.
- Mix until well combined and press into the base of a cake tin / or into small individual glasses. Place into the fridge to set.
- Place the strawberries and sugar into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have softened. Add the gelatine powder and water and mix until dissolved.
- Place into a blender and blend until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate and cream together in a saucepan. Add the gelatine and water and mix until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and fold half into the white chocolate mixture and half into the strawberry mixture.
- Spread the white chocolate over the set biscuits and place back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes until starting to set.
- Pour over the strawberry mousse and place back into the fridge to set completely for 2-3 hours.