This would probably rate as the best brownies I have ever baked. All the delicious goodness of dark, white and milk chocolate are combined in one dish. This gooey brownie undoubtedly will become a chocolate lover’s delight! Be careful with the baking time, if you over cook the brownie it will take on a cake like crumbly texture whereas it should be gooey. If you wish you can add half cup of chopped cashew nuts along with the chopped chocolates. I served the warm brownies with coffee ice cream and it was heavenly, of course very fattening too! But once in a while an indulgence like this is ok ;)
Triple Chocolate Brownies / Best-ever Chocolate Brownies
(Recipe from here)
Unsalted butter - 185 gm, cut into small cubes
Dark chocolate - 185 gm, chopped
All-purpose flour / Maida - 85 gm / ¾ cup
Cocoa powder - 40 gm / ⅓ cup
White chocolate - 50 gm, roughly chopped
Milk chocolate - 50 gm, roughly chopped
Eggs - 3 large
Golden caster sugar / brown sugar - 275 gm / 1 ⅓ cup
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a large heavy based pan over a low flame. Alternatively, cover the bowl loosely with cling film and put in the microwave for 2 minutes on High.
- Leave the melted mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pre heat oven to 180˚ C. Line the base of a shallow 20cm square tin with non-stick baking parchment paper.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder together to get rid of any lumps and keep aside.
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and add in golden caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar on medium speed until they look thick and creamy or the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula, without knocking out the air.
- Gently fold in flour-cocoa mix and stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks until they’re just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top with the spatula.
- Put in the pre heated oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven.
- Leave the whole thing in the tin until completely cold. Cut the brownies into triangles.
- Serve as it is or slightly warm the brownies and serve with a dollop of vanilla or coffee ice cream.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox