250gm keema (minced meat)
1 onion- chopped finely
2 tsp ginger- chopped finely
1/2 carrot- chopped finely
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 green chillies- chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
2 cups Wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1. To prepare the dough, sift flour and salt. Rub in 1 tbsp ghee. Add enough water to make a dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. To prepare the filling, heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the chopped onion until rich brown. Add keema ( mince), carrot and ginger and mix well. Reduce heat. Add salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Cook covered on low heat for about 5 minutes, till the mince is cooked.
3. Add green chillies and 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander. If there is any water, uncover and dry the mince on fire. Keep the stuffing aside.
4. Divide the dough in to 10 equal parts. Shape into round balls. Flatten each ball, roll out each into a round of 5" diameter. Spread 1-2 tbsp of filling all over.
5. Make a slit, starting from the centre till any one end. Start rolling from the slit, to form an even cone. Keeping the cone upright, press slightly.
6. Roll out, applying pressure only at the centre. Do not roll or press too much on the sides, otherwise layers of the paratha donot separate after cooking.
7. Sprinkle some kasoori methi and press with a rolling pin.
8. Cook it on hot tawa on both sides, spread some ghee and serve hot.
This goes to Srivalli's Roti Mela
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox