"There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way."
~ Andrew Jackson
Fish Molee / Fish Moli ~ Fish Cooked in Mildly Spiced Coconut Milk
Onion-4 medium, sliced thinly
Green chilly-12nos, slit
Garlic-1 pod, chopped
Cinnamon-1" piece 2 nos
Cardamom- 6 nos
Black pepper-6-8 nos
Tomato-4 nos, cut in round shape, thinly
Coconut milk from 1 coconut (thick and thin milk separately)
Turmeric & salt to taste
Cashew nuts- 15 nos ground to a fine paste( you can omit this by replacing 1 tbsp maida)
- Heat oil, splutter mustard, then add pepper, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and fry.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly and sauté till transparent. (Also you can add some thinly sliced carrots and some macaroni while sautéing.)
- Add turmeric & 1 tbsp maida if not adding ground cashew nuts.
- Add second and third extracts of coconut milk and when it starts boiling add fish pieces, and simmer on medium heat.
- When it about to get ready add tomato pieces, and some of thick coconut milk and cashew nut paste. Simmer and when the gravy thickens turn off heat.
- Serve hot with Palappam, Vellayappam, Bread rolls or Chapathi.
I haven’t updated this humble place of mine for a couple of months.....was away for vacation and lazy after returning also busy with a pre-schooler and no helper at home.... I am thankful to all my readers who inquired about my absence from blogsphere and encouraged me to come back.....also a big thanks to all who commented on my previous posts even though I sometimes fail to return your visit....I promise I will definitely try to find time to visit you all.... I wish all my readers and their loved ones A Very Happy Diwali!!!
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox