Maida (All purpose flour)-200gm
Atta (Wheat flour)-50gm
Egg-1,lightly beaten with a fork
Salt- to taste
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the lukewarm milk and keep aside to rise for 10 minutes.
- Combine maida, atta and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and rub in using your fingertips.
- Make a dent in the centre and pour dissolved yeast- milk mixture and lightly beaten egg in that dent. Mix well into a soft dough adding water or milk if necessary.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until the dough had risen to twice its size.
- Knead the dough again and make even sized balls and roll into an oval shape.
- Cook both sides on a tawa/skillet on a medium flame.
- Brush both sides of Nan with butter or ghee and serve hot.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox