Hi All, I am back after a month long vacation in Kerala. We had a great vacation, the best part of which was staying in our new home. Had the opportunity to meet all our family members and friends whom I had not seen for years. Enjoyed each and every moments spent with them... I am thankful to all my readers who visited my blog during my absence. I will revert as soon as possible to those who left comments and queries…..
Today to celebrate Onam I made this Palada Prathaman which is really easy to make and very tasty too. I used store bought Ada to make the Prathaman. Hope you all will try this at home. Our Onashamsakal to everyone!!
Palada Prathaman Serves-2-3
Milk- 3 ½ cups
Sugar-3/4 cup or to taste
Cardamom, powdered-1/4 tsp
- Wash Ada, drain and soak Ada in boiied water in a covered vessel for 20 minutes. Wash the soaked Ada with cold water 2 to 3 times.
- Boil 3 ½ cups of milk with ½ cup of water.
- Add soaked and washed Ada while milk is boiling.
- Keep stirring till the Ada is well cooked and becomes very soft in touch.
- Add sugar and continue stirring on low flame till Palada Prathaman is reduced to 3 cups and the colour changes to pink from milk white.
- Remove from fire. Stir for another 10 minutes.
- Add powdered cardamom and butter.
- Garnish with golden fried cashew nuts (optional).
- Serve hot or cold.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox