Sweet Cream Puffs / Profiterole
To make Pâte à choux (Choux pastry) / Puffs
All purpose flour/ Maida-1/2 cup
Salt- a pinch
- In a pan, heat water, sugar, butter, salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Return to heat and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Slowly add a lightly beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the second egg in the same way and mix till the mixture becomes greasy.
- Pour in spoonfuls on to a baking tray & bake in a preheated oven till puffs are crisp.
- Remove, prick on top and keep aside.
For the Sweet Cream
Vanilla essence- a pinch
Lemon juice-a few drops
- Mix in the cream & sugar and add vanilla and lemon juice. Fill the puffs with cream.
Cocoa powder- ½ cup
Powdered sugar-1 cup
- Mix cocoa powder, powdered sugar and water in a small pan and boil stirring continuously till thick. Pour this chocolate sauce on puffs.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox