Chilly Oil-5 tbsp (recipe follows)
Cabbage -1/2 cup, shredded
Beans-1/4 cup, shredded
Carrot-1/2 cup, shredded
Spring Onions-1 cup, chopped
Garlic-1/2 tbsp, chopped
Capscium-1, finely shredded
Celeary-1 stem, sliced
Dry red chillies-4, broken into 1”pieces
Soya sauce-1 tbsp
Tomato sauce-1 tbsp
Chilly sauce-1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pinch of pepper
Ajinomoto- ½ tsp (optional)
- Boil a liter of water in a large sauce pan and add salt. Add noodles to the boiling water and cook till ¾ done, drain. Run cold water through the noodles to rinse off excess starch. Drain thoroughly and sprinkle 1 tbsp oil and toss well.
- Heat the chilly oil and fry the noodles lightly for 5 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 5 tbsp oil and fry the red chillies until light brown. Add garlic and fry for 2 seconds and then add spring onions and stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add all the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add noodles, sprinkle soya sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, chilly sauce, salt, pepper and ajinomoto. Mix well. Remove to a serving plate and serve hot with any Chinese side dish.
2 cups refined groundnut oil (I used Sunflower oil)
1” piece ginger crushed
4 tbsp red chilly powder
- Heat the oil and do not let it smoke.
- Add the crushed ginger. Remove from fire.
- Add the chilly powder and keep aside to cool.
- Strain oil through a thick cloth. The oil should be red in colour. Store in a bottle. This oil can be stored for a month at room temperature.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox