Powdered sugar-1 ½ cups
All purpose flour-1 ¾ cups
Baking soda-3/4 tsp
Eggs-2 (yolk and white separated)
Grated rind of orange-4tsp
Cream of tartar-1/8tsp
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch bundt / round/ square/loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar well, till fluffy.
- Add the yolks of eggs one each at a time and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and yogurt alternately to beaten mixture, beating at low speed after each addition just till combined.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and 2 tsp sugar till soft peaks form and gently fold it into the above mix.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts.
- Mix cocoa powder diluted in 5 tsp of milk in one half, and the orange juice and orange rind in the other half.
- Spoon the white and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared pan.
- Make a swirl pattern with the back of a spoon or knife running deep inside the batter from one side to another, twice. (Do not over mix the batter)
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C/350F for 45 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Sending this toVaishali's event Spring
Cocoa Orange Marble Cake
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox