Powdered sugar-1 ½ cups
All purpose flour-1 ¾ cups
Baking soda-3/4 tsp
Eggs-2 (yolk and white separated)
Grated rind of orange-4tsp
Cream of tartar-1/8tsp
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch bundt / round/ square/loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar well, till fluffy.
- Add the yolks of eggs one each at a time and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and yogurt alternately to beaten mixture, beating at low speed after each addition just till combined.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and 2 tsp sugar till soft peaks form and gently fold it into the above mix.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts.
- Mix cocoa powder diluted in 5 tsp of milk in one half, and the orange juice and orange rind in the other half.
- Spoon the white and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared pan.
- Make a swirl pattern with the back of a spoon or knife running deep inside the batter from one side to another, twice. (Do not over mix the batter)
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C/350F for 45 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Sending this toVaishali's event Spring
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox