Have you all started your Christmas preparations? Making wines, soaking fruits for Christmas cake etc.... to be frank this year I have not even soaked the fruits for my Fruit Cake which I used to do in Sept/Oct every year.... now I have just started chopping fruits and will have to finish it in a couple of days.... but I am happy that my wine stock is ready..... I have five different types of wine in stock; most of them are only a bottle each and are left over’s from last year.... I experiment making different types of wine in small amounts and this Rice wine was one such trial.... It has a very unique taste and aroma..... just after making, this wine looks white in color and after a couple of months it will attain this clear light golden color like in the picture.... so kick start your holiday season by making this wine at home.... I will be posting my other wine experiments soon....So stay tuned :)....
One more thing before we proceed to the wine recipe; if you are looking for a nice Christmas Fruit Cake do try the cake I posted last year ....I use that recipe every year and I can guarantee that you will thoroughly enjoy it :) ......
Homemade Rice Wine / Ari Wine
Rice -500 gm (you can use either Basmati Rice or Par-boiled rice)
Sugar-1 ¼ kg
Lime juice and zest of 2 limes
Yeast-1 tsp (I only added ½ tsp)
Raisins- 100 gm
Boiled and cooled water- 3 liters
- Put the rice, sugar, minced or chopped raisins, lime juice and zest into a clean sterilized bharani / bottle and cover with boiled and cooled water.
- Stir well, sprinkle yeast; mix well and cover the bharani / bottle.
- Stir this mixture every day for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After 14 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/ muslin cloth in to a clean dry vessel.
- Pour it in to dry bottles and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox