I took a picture of cheeda for changing a picture from an old post. Then I realized I had made sweet cheeda this time; so I thought of posting the recipe …. Aamma used to make both the sweet and unsweetened versions while we were small….. This is one of the snacks Kerala Christians make during Christmas time and can be stored for almost a month.
All purpose flour / Maida - 500gms
Roasted Rava / Semolina-1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar- 250 gm
Dalda / Vegetable Shortening (melted)- 1/2 cup
Salt -1/4 tsp
Water as required
Vegetable Oil - for deep frying
- Mix all purpose flour, rava, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl and add melted dalda or vegetable shortening and mix well.
- Knead it to smooth & soft dough by sprinkling enough water. Divide dough into small balls.
- To shape cheeda, slightly grease the prongs of fork and hold it in one hand, with the other hand spread one small ball of dough over the greased prongs and roll the piece. Remove from the fork and keep aside.
- Repeat the process with all dough and deep fry the cheedas in hot oil.
- Keep the cheedas in airtight containers.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox