These Chicken Croquettes can be made ahead of time and fried just prior to serving. Kids will love this as an evening snack / nalumani palaharam or in their tiffin box along with some ketchup or wrapped in chapathi or bread.... This recipe was shown on a Malayalam TV channel by Lakshmi Nair sometime ago.... I have been making this since then with some changes as I lost her original recipe... When I made this recently I thought of posting it here so it will be easier for me to find it instead of searching through a pile of books :).... Try this when you host a party next or for your kids....I am sure you will love it.... I made this with chicken but you can even use minced beef....
Chicken Croquettes Recipe
Boneless chicken pieces -250 gm
Garlic cloves -2, minced
Ginger – 1” piece, minced
Chilly powder – ¾ tsp
Pepper powder – ¾ tsp
Garam Masala – ¾ tsp
Shallots / Chumannulli – 8 to 10, minced ( or 1 onion)
Coriander leaves or Fresh Parsley – ¼ cup, chopped finely
Salt to taste
Dried bread crumbs – 1 cup
All purpose flour / Maida – ¾ cup
Egg – 1, lightly beaten
Oil for deep frying
For the White Sauce:
Butter - 2 tbsp
All-purpose flour / Maida – 2tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
- Cook chicken pieces with ginger, garlic, pepper powder, chilly powder and salt.
- When cooked and cooled enough, mince chicken pieces along with shallots in a food processor and keep aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in 1 tbsp all purpose flour and cook stirring, for 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture turns very thick. Remove pan from heat.
- To half of the white sauce, stir in minced chicken, garam masala and coriander or parsley leaves and mix well. If needed add rest of the white sauce. (Do a taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly).
- When the mixture is warm, shape them into croquette shapes.
- Place bread crumbs and ¾ cup all purpose flour on separate plates and set aside.
- Roll each croquette in flour first, and then dip in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs.
- Place it in a container lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until ready to fry.
- For frying; heat oil in a pan and fry croquettes for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with ketchup.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox