If you like chocolates and bananas you will definitely like this chocolate banana bread :)...had some over ripe bananas in hand and I didn't want to make regular banana bread or cake..... I wanted something chocolaty that day and hence chose to make this chocolate banana bread..... basic recipe is from Joy of Baking and I did some alterations..... Original recipe calls for walnuts, I didn't add any as I don’t like walnuts but I doubled the chocolate chips instead, also reduced the amount of egg and butter than the original recipe… this cake bread turned out perfect......
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place oven rack to middle position. Butter and flour (or spray with a non stick vegetable/flour spray) the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely (if adding).
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, egg, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the bread with coarse brown sugar (optional).
- Bake until bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox