- Clean and wash fish with salt & vinegar first, then wash well in running water, drain. You can either cube the sardines into small pieces or make 3-4 gashes on each side if you use as a while fish.
- Marinate the fish with chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt, keep aside for ½ hour.
- Heat ¼ cup oil and fry fish pieces until it is crisp on both sides. Keep aside.
- Pour the remaining oil to the pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté until it is light brown.
- Reduce heat and add chilly powder, turmeric powder. Stir and add vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Add the fried fish and allow it to simmer on a slow fire.
- Bottle when cold.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox