Last month I decided to experiment by making orange wine. I am glad I did because the result has exceeded all my expectations. It has a very unique zesty flavor that is quite distinct from other types of wine. So far all those who have tasted it have loved it. The wine is ready in less than a month and is quite strong too…so you don’t need to wait months for it to mature. If you like to have a unique wine this Easter try this, it’s easy to make with easily available ingredients and you can have a blast with family and friends :)....
Orange Wine Recipe
Sugar – 1 ½ kg
Water- 4 ½ liter
Yeast – ½ tsp
- Wash oranges and wipe it with a kitchen tissue or clean cloth.
- With a citrus peeler or vegetable peeler thinly peel the orange zest without the white part. Extract the juice from the oranges and keep aside.
- Boil sugar, water and orange zest in a big vessel.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add orange juice and bring it to a nice boil and turn off the flame.
- When the mixture becomes lukewarm, add yeast and transfer the mixture to a sterilized glass bottle / bharani, cover it and leave for 14 days stirring daily.
- After 14 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/muslin cloth in to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep this again for 7 days untouched. After 7 days strain the wine again, pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Check out Tips for Making Homemade Kerala Wines
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox