Vettu Cake Recipe / Deep Fried Sweet Cake ~ A Special Chayakkada Palaharam of Kerala
- Sift together all purpose flour and baking soda.
- Beat eggs well with a hand blender and add powdered sugar and beat well.
- Add sifted all purpose flour, salt, cardamom powder. Add water little by little and knead and make tight dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into equal sized thick strips. Cut this into 1” square or triangle shape.
- Run a sharp knife over the square shaped dough and make two deep cuts like a cross. If you make a triangle shape, make one deep cut in the centre (refer the picture).
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry till golden brown on medium heat. (Make sure not to over fry the vettu cake as it will become very hard to eat).
- Drain on paper towels. Cool completely and store in air tight containers for up to 3 weeks.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox