Hope all are ready for Easter celebrations.... Wishing all my readers a Blessed and Happy Easter!
Today I am sharing an absolutely decadent little indulgence of White chocolate caramel slices....Got this recipe from Australian Women’s weekly.....I had posted Banoffee Slice recipe from the same book earlier.....This too was really delicious and some of my guests who tried it really loved it..... The only problem for me was cutting the slices into neat pieces after setting as my white chocolate had become very hard.... I suggest using really good quality white chocolate for this....Do let me know if you try this recipe....
White Chocolate Caramel Slice
(Recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly)
Prep + cooking time ~45 minutes
Makes ~ 20
⅓ cup (30gm) rolled oats
½ cup (75gm) self-raising flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
⅓ cup (75gm) firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup (40gm) desiccated coconut
90gm (3 ounces) butter, melted
395gm (12 ½ ounces) canned sweetened condensed milk
⅓ cup (115gm) golden syrup or treacle
30 gm (1 ounce) butter, chopped coarsely
250 gm (6 ½ ounces) white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease 20cm x30cm (8”x12”) rectangular pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2” over sides.
- Process oats until finely chopped. Combine oats with sifted flour and cocoa in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut and melted butter. Press mixture evenly over base of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine condensed milk, syrup and chopped butter in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring about 5 minutes or until thickened. Pour mixture over base. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Stir chocolate and oil in a small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water until smooth; spread over caramel. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set before cutting slice using a hot knife.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 4 days.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox