- Peel and cut banana into 3 or 4 pieces. Pour just enough water to cover banana pieces and cook well or pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When it is cooled strain through a cheese cloth kept over a bowl.
- Squeeze the banana well and collect the juice and discard the residue.
- Pour the extracted liquid into a think bottom pan. Add sugar, lime juice and cloves. Cook the mixture on medium heat stirring constantly.
- While cooking you can see the whitish liquid will change the colour to deep red in colour.
- Cook till the mixture is thick. You should be very careful about the consistency of banana jam. You should switch off the flame when the mixture becomes one thread consistency. It will get thickened as it cools. Banana jam should be little watery unlike other jam’s or it will become rock hard when it cools down.
- Pour jam into sterilized glass bottles placed on a wooden plank to avoid the breakage of bottles.
- Allow the jam to cool completely in the bottle and close with lid and store at room temperature. If made well and stored in clean bottles, the jam will keep for months at room temperature.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox