I love simple citrus cakes and I enjoy making bundt cakes:).... It’s amazing to see the beautifully baked bundt cake in front of us when we remove the cake from the pan..... My heart always beats faster when I try to remove the cake from the bundt always apprehensive of whether the cake will retain its beautiful shape or not ;)..... Now a days I am obsessed with collecting bundt pans along with props; so if anyone is planning to give me a gift, hope you got some ideas right?? ;).... Jokes apart, this is a fabulous cake with the orange and cardamom flavor and the citrus glaze drizzled on top of the warm cake makes it a delicious treat!
Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake
Recipe Source ~ Cooking Light
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
½teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup fresh orange juice
⅔ cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
4½ teaspoons fresh orange juice
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- To prepare cake, coat a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Add ¾ cup orange juice, vegetable oil, orange rind, lemon rind, vanilla, and eggs to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at low speed until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan, spreading evenly. Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- To prepare glaze, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 4 ½ teaspoons orange juice, and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over warm cake; cool cake completely on wire rack.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox