Made this mango tart with the last mangoes of the season. Instead of the regular Marie biscuit base I used Ginger biscuits this time and it was a really good decision! We really liked the combination. If you don’t like ginger biscuits use any other tea biscuits for the base. To maintain the freshness of the mangoes you can bake the base and the filling a day ahead and add mango pieces and whipped cream decoration just before serving.
Mango Tart with Ginger Biscuit Crust
(Recipe adapted from here)
Serves - 8
For the base:
250 g Ginger biscuits, crumbled
½ cup / 110 g butter, melted
3 tbsp powdered sugar
For the filling:
2½ cups milk
1 tin / 397 g Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup corn flour
1 tsp Lemon zest
2 medium ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes
⅓ cup whipping cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine biscuits, powdered sugar and butter. Transfer the mixture into a loose bottom 26 cm tart pan. Carefully press mixture over bottom and up sides of tart pan. Place tart pan on a baking tray. Bake until colour darkens, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix milk and Condensed Milk in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Mix eggs, lemon zest and cornflour in a mixing bowl then pour them into the hot milk mixture. Bring to boil with constant stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add vanilla essence and allow the mixture to cool.
- Spread the filling into Spread filling into cooled Ginger Nut crust. Let it cool to a room temperature then gently scatter the mango cubes on top.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar for 5-6 minutes or until it becomes stiff. Use cream to garnish the tart sides. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox