As usual a short break from blogging become a little too long, as is the case every time. I thought therefore that the first post of the year should be a wine recipe to compensate for the long-time neglected blog :) :) ... Grapefruit is a popular citrus fruit that is a terrific source of vitamins, fibre and other nutrients. It has a tart and tangy taste with an underlying sweetness. Grapefruit makes a delightful wine with a sweet and tart taste. Even though the wine will be ready in 21 days, if you allow it to age longer, you will get a mellow wine!
Grapefruits - 6 nos
Sugar - 1 ½ kg
Water - 4 liters
Yeast - ½ tsp
- Wash grapefruits and wipe it with a kitchen tissue or clean cloth.
- With a citrus peeler or vegetable peeler thinly peel the grapefruit zest from 3 grapefruits without the white part. Extract the juice from the all grapefruits and keep aside.
- Boil sugar, water and grapefruit zest in a big vessel.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add grapefruit juice and bring it to a nice boil and turn off the flame.
- When the mixture becomes lukewarm, add yeast and transfer the mixture to a sterilized glass bottle / bharani, cover it and leave for 14 days stirring daily.
- After 14 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/muslin cloth in to a clean dry bottle.
- Keep this again for 7 days untouched. After 7 days strain the wine again, pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox