Read More »
I have been trying a variety of cookies recently. We really loved this coffee flavoured cookies. While baking these cookies our flat is filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee…. If you are a coffee lover I am sure you will love these cookies…
Brazilian Coffee Cookies Recipe
(Recipe from here)
All-purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
Salt - ½ tsp
Baking soda - ¼ tsp
Baking powder- ¼ tsp
Butter- ⅓ cup
Brown Sugar - ½ cup
White sugar - ½ cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla essence – 1 ½ tsp
Milk - 1 tbsp
Hot water - 1 tbsp
Instant coffee powder - 2 ½ tbsps
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- Add hot water to the coffee powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the milk, vanilla essence and egg until light and creamy. Add the coffee mixture and mix.
- Mix in the sieved ingredients until just blended. Cover with plastic foil and place in refrigerator for 10-15 miniuts.
- Prepare small lemon sized balls and place on baking sheet that has been lined with butter paper. Place each ball about 2 inches apart as they spread. Lightly flatten the balls with a fork. Sprinkle some sugar on top of each ball.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200˚C for about 10-12 mts till the edges are slightly toasted or till done. Once baked, the cookie will feel soft on touch but once cool it will harden.
- Cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight container.