Sannas / Kallu Idli ~ Steamed Rice Cake
Raw Rice / Pachari / Doppi Rice / Ponni Rice-2 cups
Parboiled Rice / Puzhukkal ari-2 cups
Black gram dhal/ Urad dhal-1/2 cup
Yeast -1tbsp (Toddy- 500ml)
- Soak both the rice and dhal for 6 hours.
- If you are using toddy grind the rice and dhal with toddy. If you are not using toddy, grind the rice and dhal with the yeast to a smooth batter.
- Add sugar, salt and enough water to make it a thick batter (Idli batter consistency).
- Allow this batter to ferment for 4-5 hours.
- Once this batter ferments do not stir the batter.
- Take spoonfuls from top only and half fill greased small moulds or idli moulds and steam them for 20 minutes.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox