I had posted this Lasagna recipe during my early blogging days. We had guests over this weekend and this was one of the dishes I made for them. While clicking pictures of other dishes, I thought of taking some pictures of Lasagna as my earlier pictures were really terrible ;)
Lasagne sheets-12 squares or 6-8 rectangle sheets
Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
Bring plenty of water to a boil in a large pan and stir in the olive oil. Add the lasagne sheets and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and set aside to cool.
For Meat Layer:
Minced chicken / beef - 2 cups
Carrot - 1/2 cup, chopped
Cabbage - 1/2 cup chopped
Onion -1 medium, chopped
Garlic - 2-3 cloves, chopped
Celery - 2 inch stalk, chopped
Capsicum - 1 chopped
Olive oil / Butter-2 tbsp
Tomatoes - 3 large, pureed adding 1/2 cup water
Red chili powder - 1/2 - 1tsp
Black pepper powder - to taste
Tomato ketchup - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
Basil -1/2 tsp
salt to taste
- To make the chicken layer, heat the olive oil / butter in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add minced chicken / beef and continue to sauté over high heat for three to four minutes.
- In to this add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, celery and sauté.
- Lower heat, add red chilly powder, black pepper powder, pureed tomato, tomato ketchup,sugar and salt and simmer till mince is tender and sauce is thick.
- Stir in nutmeg powder, basil and oregano and mix well and keep aside.
For White Sauce:
Butter -2 tbsp
All purpose flour/ Maida - 2 tbsp
Milk -1 cup
Pepper powder -1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Grated cheese -1 cup
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Whish in milk and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Turn off flame and add salt and pepper to taste.
How to assemble:
- In the bottom of a casserole dish place a thin layer of white sauce, then a layer of cooked lasagna sheets, top with a layer of the meat mixture, cover with some lasagna sheets, white sauce and add some grated cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with lasagna sheets, white sauce and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (15 degree C) oven for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox