Avalose Unda- A traditional sweetened rice balls of Kerala!
Avalose podi-2 1/2 cups
Cardamom (powdered)- 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence-1/4 tsp
Water- 1/2 cup
Lime Juice- 1 1/2 tsp
- Mix sugar, water and lime juice in a bowl and keep aside for 8 hours or over night to soak.
- Heat this mixture stirring continuously till we get a single thread consistency on tapping between thumb and forefinger quickly. (You should be very careful at this point not to over cook or the Avalose Unda will be very hard).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla essence and cardamom powder.
- Add 2 cups of avalose podi little by little mixing very well.
- When it is warm enough to touch make lime size balls.
- Coat these balls in the reserved 1/2 cup avalose podi, which helps to make perfect round shape and prevents stickiness.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox