When it came to desserts this was the family favorite and on any and every occasion my brother and I would always pester our Mom to make it. It’s simple to make and anyone can try this with utmost confidence as it will never fail them unless off course the China grass is of poor quality. Till today it remains one of my all-time favorites.
Condensed Milk- 1 tin
Milk- 2 1/2 tin (measure in condensed milk tin)
Sugar- 5 dessert spoon (10 tea spoons)
China grass strands (Agar- Agar)-10 gm
Water- 1 1/2 cup
Pineapple chopped- 2 cups, heaped
Sugar-2 dessert spoon
Cloves / grambu-6 nos
Vanilla Essence-1/4 tsp
Vanilla Custard Powder-1 dessert spoon (2 tea spoon)
Thick Cream- 1/2 cup
- Stew chopped pineapple with 2 dessert spoon sugar and cloves. Removes from fire, when pineapple is cooked and there is 1/2 cup syrup. Keep aside.
- Chop China grass strands wash it with cold water and strain through a sieve. Soak china grass in 1 1/2 cups water and keep aside.
- Mix condensed milk and 2 tins of milk and heat stirring well. When this mixture gets hot add 5 dessert spoon sugar and 1 dessert spoon custard powder mixed in 1/2 tin milk. Keep stirring continuously and remove from fire just before the milk boils.
- Boil soaked china grass and when it dissolves strain into hot custard., and mix well.( make sure both the custard and melted china grass should be of same temperature).
- Cool the custard to lukewarm, add vanilla essence and 1/2 cup cream and mix well.
- Transfer to a dish and keep it in the fridge. When the pudding is half set, strew pineapple pieces with syrup over pudding and keep it back in fridge till completely sets and serve!
My blog turned 2 years!!! Happy Anniversary my bloggy dear :)
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox