Vazha chundu (Banana Flower)-1 small
Van payar (Red Gram)-1/2 cup
Freshly grated coconut-1/2 cup
Dry red chillies-2-3 nos
Jeerakom (Cumin seeds)-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves- few
Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Clean and remove the outer layer of vazha chundu and chop finely.
- To prevent discoloration of vazha chundu rub the chopped vazha chundu with a table spoon of oil and little salt and keep aside.
- Pressure cook van payar with enough water and salt and keep aside.
- Ground coarsely, coconut, shallots, dry red chilies, garlic, cumin seeds and turmeric powder.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add coarsely ground coconut mixture and sauté it for a minute.
- Add chopped vazha chundu and cooked van payar, mix well and cover with a lid and cook in slow flame for few minutes or until all the water evaporates.
- Serve hot with rice!
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox