This is one of the long pending posts that I had in my drafts…saw this cake at Mowie’s beautiful blog and I immediately fell in love with it; I baked this cake that week itself…but somehow wasn’t able to post it at that time… I know now the cherry season is over, but still you can make these delicious cakes using frozen cherries…I halved the recipe and it came out really nice and was enough for three of us…we loved each and every bite of this cake…it is best served warm….Please visit Mowielicious blog to see the stunning pictures and recipes….
200g butter, at room temperature
325g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
325g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
Extra sugar for sprinkling
70g caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
150g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C. Grease a 30cm(12") x 22cm(9") tray and line with baking paper.
- Whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and gently fold into the mixture. Do not over-mix.
- Add the milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour into your tray, top with cherries and sprinkle with some sugar until evenly covered.
- For the crumble, combine butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl with your hands and sprinkle on top of the cherries.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve either hot or cold, topped with fresh cherries and/or custard, vanilla yoghurt or ice cream.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox